Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 29, 2007






We are little late on carving the pumpkin since we have been out of town so much, but we were finally able to get to it this weekend. I have great memories of carving a pumpkin with my family and I had this grand idea in my head that we would have this fun tradition to start with Dallas. We gathered up newspaper and all of the other supplies and headed out to get started. Little Dallas could have cared less so Daddy Dallas did it all on his own. I was able to snap a few cute pictures but in between little Dallas was hiding behind the tree and running around the yard. I am not giving up on starting the tradition just yet, but we will have to see how things go next year before we decide! The remainder of the weekend was spent in the basement. When we moved to Shippensburg, we did not have a yard sale before we left SC and said we would do it when we got here. We ended up with a house that has a huge basement so we had a "good" place to hide all of our junk! We decided we were absolutely NOT moving it again so we finally went through lots of boxes filled with stuff. I have no idea why we had kept so many things this long. There were old cell phone boxes with instructions, lots of computer things, books, school papers, tons of pens, clothes, pool supplies and equipment and lots and lots of cords! There were phone cords, cable cords, cords to stero equipment that we no longer have and to computers we no longer have. I do not consider either of us pack rats but you would not have believed it seeing all of that stuff! We also came across old pictures from our childhoods, things from our wedding (like my bouquet made from bows to use for the rehersal), our beloved dog Fancy's collar (which made me tear up), and the stork that was in our yard greeting us when we arrived home for the first time with our precious son. Even though it was alot of work it was kind of fun to see what treasures may be in each box. We hauled everything up to the garage and I will be arranging it this week for a yard sale next weekend. I know it is cold for a yard sale but SC has nothing on PA as far as yard sales go! They have them all of the time, everywhere, every day of the week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had fun carving with you buddy, and I am sorry I am going to miss trick or treating this week. Hope you have fun with Mommy and friends.

LUVU2

Anonymous said...

Kat,
I still remember carving those pumpkins every Halloween too and how you always looked forward to it. Maybe by next Halloween, your little goblin will be more interested. He just has too much other business to take care of this year to even bother--just let Dad do it!
Love,
poppy

Anonymous said...

Daddy Dallas did a great job with the pumpkin--I bet the little man took in more than you think--check the expression on his face as he peers into the pumpkin head!!

Good job!

Love, Noah