Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!






We actually had Halloween last night. I don't know why, but the borough of Shippensburg decided that the 30th would be the official night for trick or treating. Our dear friend and babysitter, Hebe, came over with her son, Devante. Dallas and Devante each made a pizza for dinner. I was too busy helping Dallas to take pictures during the pizza making but they had a great time. This picture shows the finished product. They made smiley faces with the pepperoni but as you can see they were eating them as they placed them on so some of the pepperoni are missing or half eaten! Once they finished dinner we got them dressed and headed out right at 6:00. Since Daddy Dallas is in Asheville I had to leave the candy bowl sitting out front and hope that no one would help themselves to the whole bowl. Thanks to Devante, Dallas quickly learned how to push the door bell, say "trick or treat", reach out for his candy (he would only let the person hand it to him so he could put the candy in his pumpkin!), and of course say "thank you"! Once we arrived home they plopped right down on the rug in the foyer and dumped out their goodies. Dallas dove right in to a mini bag of m&m's and then I had to take it away. I have never let him have more than one or two m&m's or a hershey kiss so as I expected the whole bag had him bouncing off of the walls! If anyone is wondering what happened to the disco Dallas and the monkey outfits, let me explain. It has been getting in the 30's at night here so there was no way I could keep him warm in the disco outfit without a coat which would have ruined the whole thing. I was disappointed in the monkey costume once it arrived (I ordered it from ebay) because it looked like it could have been a dog, a lion, a bear, or a monkey! Since we have had a Nemo themed year thus far, I found a Nemo costume and I think it was perfect. All of the kids at Dallas' school dressed up today to go trick or treating on the campus. In case you don't know, Dallas attends school at the Child and Family Center on the campus of Shippensburg University. I went to help chaperone and walked right out the door without my camera! They were so cute in their outfits and got lots of candy from the faculty and staff! Thank you to Hebe and Devante for trick or treating with us! We will miss you both when we leave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Little Nemo "Punkin"...save Bebe some M&M's!!!! Ya'll were tooooo cute and sounds like a good time was had by all.....

Great job of carving the pumpkin Daddy!! Looking forward to seeing the next pumpkin on the new front porch in N. C. !!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY Halloween!!!!

Love, Bebe

Anonymous said...

Looks like I missed agood time Buddy. Glad to be back.

LUVU2

Anonymous said...

Dallas and Devante looked so cute for Halloween! I am glad they both had such a good time. Making the pizzas at home looked like great fun. Yes, there is trick or treating in North Carolina too and we look forward to "Halloween in the South!"

Love, Noah