Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Sweet and Funny Dallas

Dallas has said some really sweet things lately that I thought I would share. Also, today he did something that I thought was really funny and I wanted to share.

Today, he kept asking me for juice and I told him no and that he could have water or chocolate milk. He kept asking over and over and I finally I just ignored his constant asking. I ran upstairs to get something and I heard a chair being moved across the kitchen floor. I thought he was going to get himself juice but once I got to the kitchen he told me I was in time out for not getting him juice and he had moved the chair up against the wall and told me to sit down. He said I had 3 minutes. This is exactly what we do when he has a time out. At first I thought I would tell him he couldn't put me in time out but I wanted to vaildate his feelings as I had ignored his plea's for several minutes. I went along with it and told him I was sorry for not answering him. He still didn't get any juice but I am glad he understands there are consequences for bad behavior and they don't just apply to him!

Also today: We were laying in his bed before his nap and he asked me where God lives. I told him God is everywhere and that he lives in Heaven. He said he wanted to go there and I told him he would get to go there someday. He then asked how we get there (as in physically, not spiritually) and I told him I didn't know. He said, "maybe and airplane, let's go after my nap!"
I smiled to myself at the wonder of a child's mind and remembered when I was young and asked my Mom if we could get to Heaven in a hot air balloon!

The other day Dallas and big Dallas were playing on our bed while I was getting ready in the bathroom. Little Dallas got sad and said that he didn't have anybody to play with. We told him that we love to play with him and that we do play with him all the time. In the sweetest, whiniest voice with tears in his eyes he said, "Maybe God can put a boy baby in Mommy's tummy and then I can have someone to play with." With tears in my eyes, I said, "That's a good idea Dallas, maybe he will."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad Mommy has recorded such precious moments!!!! Bebe and Paw Paw would like for Dallas to have a playmate also!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Baby! This stuff is way better than pictures. Priceless!

LuvU2

Anonymous said...

I like the pictures also!

Love you and thank you again for keeping this for our Little D and the rest of our friends and family to enjoy!

I love my girls!! said...

Is baby number 2 on its way:)? You will be so happy to look back on these funny things...they are gone way to fast. Hope you are all well.

Katherine said...

No baby #2 on the way yet but hopefully sometime this year!

I love my girls!! said...

The second one is fun, but enjoy your only cild while it lasts!!! Hope to see you all soon.