Daddy Dallas got us to the airport and on our way yesterday. Traveling alone with a toddler is not very much fun. Just getting through security was tricky. I had to get our shoes off, get my purse and our carry on in the bins, take out our zip lock baggies, and then break down the stroller for it to go through security as well. All of this was taking place with one hand because I was holding Dallas and my boarding pass in the other! I am not complaining about the new security measures because I would prefer that they are in place but it was quite challenging this time. After walking through the machine, we then had to get everything back in order, shoes on and all. Since you can't take liquids through, I emptied Dallas' juice and milk before we went through security and then had to buy more from one of the airport shops. It was not long before we boarded and fortunately for us, the girl that sat next to us has a two year old boy herself. He was not with her but she was very sweet and did not get mad when Dallas would raise and lower the armrest, try to push the call button for the flight attendant, try to push the button for the light, not want to watch his movie, raise and lower the shade on the window, and she even apologized to the man in front of us when Dallas poked him on his head! I enjoyed talking to her when I could and we may even get together, as she lives in Harrisburg. Here are a few pictures of Daddy telling Dallas bye-bye and of our arrival. We are very happy to be here and Dallas was really excited to see his Nana, Poppy, and Uncle Whit!
Monday, June 25, 2007
We made it!
Daddy Dallas got us to the airport and on our way yesterday. Traveling alone with a toddler is not very much fun. Just getting through security was tricky. I had to get our shoes off, get my purse and our carry on in the bins, take out our zip lock baggies, and then break down the stroller for it to go through security as well. All of this was taking place with one hand because I was holding Dallas and my boarding pass in the other! I am not complaining about the new security measures because I would prefer that they are in place but it was quite challenging this time. After walking through the machine, we then had to get everything back in order, shoes on and all. Since you can't take liquids through, I emptied Dallas' juice and milk before we went through security and then had to buy more from one of the airport shops. It was not long before we boarded and fortunately for us, the girl that sat next to us has a two year old boy herself. He was not with her but she was very sweet and did not get mad when Dallas would raise and lower the armrest, try to push the call button for the flight attendant, try to push the button for the light, not want to watch his movie, raise and lower the shade on the window, and she even apologized to the man in front of us when Dallas poked him on his head! I enjoyed talking to her when I could and we may even get together, as she lives in Harrisburg. Here are a few pictures of Daddy telling Dallas bye-bye and of our arrival. We are very happy to be here and Dallas was really excited to see his Nana, Poppy, and Uncle Whit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Miss you buddy. I hope you have fun in Muggy SC. The floors in our bathrooms look better already. The plywood is nicer than the tile we took out today. We saved a few of the ones with shells on them for BeBe. You are missing a smelly house due the toilets having to be pulled today. Hope to have them back in by Friday. Until then it is SSHHOOWWEEE, Stinky, Stinky.
Love,
Daddy
Post a Comment