Dallas went back to school today. We missed a few days since Bebe and PawPaw were here and we wanted to spend all of our time visiting with them. Daddy Dallas and I both went to pick him up at lunch time today and when we arrived, the teacher told me she had 2 "ouchy" reports for us. I didn't really understand what she was talking about until she said Dallas had been bitten twice today! There were only 4 or 5 other kids there today and they were all girls. They think that "The Biter" (they can't tell us who it is) was trying to kiss him on the cheek and it turned into a bite. The second bite ocurred only 15 minutes later and was on his arm. It isn't as bad as the one on his cheek which they applied ice to. "The Biter's" parents will be notified and have to sign a report that was written up and we had to sign one too. I know it is not out of the ordinary for toddlers to bite, but it is when it is my child that is bitten. I am going to ask the teachers to please watch more closely when we return on Thursday so they can try to prevent another bite. We will then be gone for the next two weeks so I am hoping "The Biter" will outgrow her biting phase. Here are couple of pictures. You have to look closely to see the one on his arm. They are not the cutest pictures of our little man but obviously he was not in the mood to smile.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Ouch--these are difficult pictures to see of our little man with the bite on the cheek. You are right about the biting phase--we can only hope that the break from the biter will stop the behavior. I too hope the teachers will keep an extra eye out for the "biter."
Nana
Good grief!!!
Makes me want to turn around and get back up there and "police" that place!! Hope those teachers know what precious "meat" is being abused...so sorry our little angel had to go through that!!
Bebe
Post a Comment