Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School





Today little Dallas started at his new school at Fletcher United Methodist Church. It was raining this morning so he was able to use his Thomas umbrella that he got for his birthday. I snapped these pics before we got in the car. On the way he told me he wanted to hug his teacher and play with the kids. He went right in and put his backpack in the cubby and announced that he wanted to play. He then looked right at his teacher and asked her if she wanted to play! So that was it. No hug, no "bye mommy." I went ahead and left because even though I wanted a hug I didn't want to make him think about it too much and then get upset. I am happy that he felt comfortable enough to just jump right in. At pick up, he grabbed his bag and he told me that they had colored with crayons, ate snack, and sang, "Jesus Loves Me." He said he had fun and liked school! I hope the rest of the week goes as smoothly as today. Other than that, we are busy getting ready for our trip to Hawaii. We leave Friday. We are going to the island of Kauai with Justin and Kellee. I am so excited and I have told Daddy Dallas that he cannot take his Blackberry (or crackberry!) Once we get back we have plans for Gamecock football games, I am taking a photography class, and little Dallas will be starting swim lessons. And for anyone who may be curious how the potty training has been going---he is potty trained! I had to resort to bribery with chocolate and stickers but it worked!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had such a great time at school buddy. I also really enjoyed lunch with you two today. Give Mommy a hug at drop off tomorrow.

Love U2

Anonymous said...

If you aren't the BIG school boy!! Soooo glad you had a good first day!! See ya tomorrow!!

Love, Bebe

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering this morning how the first day at school had gone. Glad to see that it was good! What a big boy! So proud of him!
Love,
poppy