Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Polar Express Train Ride











Last night we took little to Bryson City, NC to ride a train on The Great Smoky Mountain Railroad. Every year they do a Christmas ride centered around the movie "The Polar Express." Dallas Jr. just discovered the movie while at Bebe and PawPaw's house over Thanksgiving and I think we have watched it everyday since! They encourage all the children to wear their pajamas, just like in the movie. Little Dallas was so excited when he spotted the train. They served hot chocolate, chocolate marshmellow santas, and read The Polar Express book on our way to pick up Santa Claus at the North Pole. Little Dallas spent most of the ride standing in his seat looking out the window so most of my pictures are of the back of him! He spotted Santa out the window and his face just lit up. We stopped so Santa could get on and make his way through all of the train cars to pass out bells to each of the children. We were not supposed to take pictures of him with the flash on our camera so I moved to get an angle where it would not be in his face and blind him with the flash and red eye reduction for the rest of his visits! On our return trip we sang Christmas carols. It was quite an experience and little Dallas really enjoyed it. Santa Claus will most definately be bringing Dallas a train table, train, and all of the accessories for Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just tooooooooooooooooooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya'll all looked as if you enjoyed it!! What special memories!!!!!!!!
Bebe

Anonymous said...

The train ride was a great idea--little Dallas looks like he had lots of fun (Mom and Dad, too). I heard there is a great train ride across Canada going from west to east--might have to schedule that for a special vacation.

Santa is almost here--know Dallas,Jr. will really enjoy this year!
Love, Noah

Kellee Reeves said...

I'm glad you found out where it was. I completely forgot to look for you! Looks like he had fun!