Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hope your ready for lots of pictures!



































We made it back to PA on Saturday and have been settling back in today. We had such a good time at the beach in Garden City. Dallas and I both have many happy memories of going to the beach growing up and we are so happy to continue that tradition with Dallas. It took him a day to warm up to the ocean but Nana got him in and before long he was dragging us down to the ocean so he could jump waves! My friend Lee McLeod came to visit from Charleston and we had alot of fun. Dallas really took to her and they had fun building sand castles together. Bebe and PawPaw were able to come visit for a day since they were close by at their place in Little River. Each grandparent had a turn holding Dallas by the hands and helping him jump waves. He loved splashing around in the pools that were left when the tide went out. He picked shells with PawPaw, jumped in the pool LOTS of times only to Nana (not to Mommy!). He played football with Daddy, walked the beach with Poppy, and played in the ocean with Bebe. Of course I did lots with him too but for the time being little Dallas does not think I am as fun as everyone else. Apparently I just feed, bathe, change diapers, and take care of all his needs then get told NO! to everything! I think this is my official Mommy welcome to the toddler club! One quick story about the pink swim suit--I was on the hunt for this particular one piece suit that has a tube around the waist. I looked several places and at the last stop there was one box left right in front of my face. I was so happy and took it up front to pay. The clerk asked if I had a bicycle pump to blow it up and since I did not, he said he would inflate it. He opened the box and pulled out a hot pink suit! I immediately asked him to see if there was another one somewhere telling him that it was for a boy. He ran off only to come back saying that it indeed was the last one. I did not hesitate in my decision to purchase it anyway but I did smile to myself thinking of the reaction to come from Daddy Dallas. It was just as expected but the suit did work great! I even had to ask him permission to include the photo on the blog but as you all know he has a good sense of humor and only asked that I included the story. Thanks to everyone for making our week so much fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Baby! I am still not sure how you narrowed it down to just these. Looks like everyone had a blast.
Now that the immediate crisis is taken care of, I ask all that check the blog to please search for the same type of suit in another color. Please!!!
LuvU2

BeBe said...

Simply LOVERLY shade of fushia!! I do, however, prefer blue with those beautiful eyes!! GREAT pictures, GREAT Photographer, GREAT memories!! We all know whose arms that little "NO" man prefers...noone like Mommy.. Glad ya'll are back safe and sound and loved your being in the SOUTH!!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures a lot. They are all great, but I have to say that my favorite is the one of Little Dallas with his hands up in the air and his mouth wide open. Man, you can't enjoy the beach more than that!

I had a great time with all of you last week. Also, lots of fun to have you in Columbia. Many wonderful memories!

Love to all of you,
Poppy

Anonymous said...

I agree with Poppy on the picture. It is one of my all time favorites. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures--I liked the action pictures with the little man jumping with the big beach grin on his face! It is hard to select just one favorite picture but one of my favorites is the "stretched out Dallas" on the lounge chair by the pool--he made everything fun--even waiting at the seafood restaurants was an adventure (right,Lee?)Daddy Dallas--we are looking for that suit now!Love to the picture taker and the little man. Nana