We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday. Unfortunately our sitter got sick at the last minute but we still had a great dinner at home and exchanged gifts. It was also nice to have the best thing that has come out of our 6 years together there to celebrate with us! I gave Dallas an Ipod and he surprised me with a beautiful Rolex watch. He still had to do things in "typical Dallas fashion" though. He handed me this gorgous red laquered box and when I opened it I saw the Rolex paperwork and started to tear up. When I opened the smaller box inside there was an inexpensive, gold colored, heart shaped watch from Walmart wrapped around the pillow! We both laughed (him more than me) and then he pointed me towards the actual watch which had been right out in front of me the whole time. It was very similar to when we got engaged. He had put the ring on the collar of my precious Dixie who I was cuddling with for an hour and never realized she had a diamond ring hanging from her neck! Thank you again Dallas--I just adore the watch. Thank you also for making me laugh, being my best friend, being a great husband, a great father, and for never letting things get boring! I love you!
Sunday, August 05, 2007
Our Anniversary
We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday. Unfortunately our sitter got sick at the last minute but we still had a great dinner at home and exchanged gifts. It was also nice to have the best thing that has come out of our 6 years together there to celebrate with us! I gave Dallas an Ipod and he surprised me with a beautiful Rolex watch. He still had to do things in "typical Dallas fashion" though. He handed me this gorgous red laquered box and when I opened it I saw the Rolex paperwork and started to tear up. When I opened the smaller box inside there was an inexpensive, gold colored, heart shaped watch from Walmart wrapped around the pillow! We both laughed (him more than me) and then he pointed me towards the actual watch which had been right out in front of me the whole time. It was very similar to when we got engaged. He had put the ring on the collar of my precious Dixie who I was cuddling with for an hour and never realized she had a diamond ring hanging from her neck! Thank you again Dallas--I just adore the watch. Thank you also for making me laugh, being my best friend, being a great husband, a great father, and for never letting things get boring! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love you baby. Thanks for the post, and all of our great times together. Looking forward to the next 60 years.
Love,
Dallas
Well ya'll look great and congratulation! --- but where are the pictures of Lil Dallas?
Paw Paw
Happy Anniversary! Glad the dinner worked out at home. I think Kat should wear her heart-shaped watch on special occasions!!
Love to all,
Nana
Post a Comment