Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 05, 2008

Thanksgiving in Maryland




























































































I know I am late on Thanksgiving but this has been a busy week. We spent Thanksgiving with our friends, Tom and Virginia, and their two boys Rowan and Aidan at their house in Charlestown, MD. It is right on the Chesapeake Bay and is very beautiful but quite cold during this trip. Justin, Kellee, and Brianne joined the party too and we had a full house with 4 kids! Dallas and Rowan had alot of fun playing together and I got sick of saying the word, "share" but they did great. In addition to enjoying a big Thanksgiving meal together, Virginia had the boys finger paint and make sugar cookies. They were so cute getting all messy and I was really glad it was her house and not mine:) She even let them clean up and do the dishes afterward. She is a brave woman. Hopefully I learned a little from her and maybe can lighten up with the whole mess thing. We don't even have finger paints in our house, but I am trying to convince myself to go buy some. The highlight of the trip for little Dallas was going to Strasburg, PA to ride on a train. He calls it the "Smoke Train" and he had such a great time. We bought him a souvenir train and he has taken it everywhere, including to school today for "show and share." Tom and Virginia got a sitter for Friday night and we put all the kids to bed by 8:30 and headed out for a parents night out. We had lots of fun and would like to thank Kellee and Virginia for saving us from a collision with a deer. Virginia spotted it and Kellee hit the brakes just in time as the deer passed RIGHT in front of the truck. Saturday was spent recovering and watching the Carolina/Clemson game which I have no comment about. We left Sunday at 9:45 and pulled in our driveway that night at 9:50. Little Dallas was trooper in the car. He watched several movies and we sang songs. Thanks to the Gatch's for hosting all of us! It was alot of fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What WONDERFUL fun and memories for the whole clan!!

Love Bebe

Anonymous said...

HI Kat,

Thanks for putting the pics up. We had such a great time visiting, thanks for making the haul.. You can come and visit anytime- you are great houseguests- thanks for bringing all the food and cleaning and even folding my laundry. see you soon!

PS- I don't think you need to lighten up, just get a really expensive mortgage and then you won't have any money to do anything besides paint! haha
Happy baking