Saturday, March 22, 2008
Tid Bits
I took little Dallas to see the Dr. Seuss movie, "Horton Hears a Who" after I picked him up from school this week. We had such a good time. We ate popcorn and bunch a crunch and he sat in my lap the whole time because the seat kept flipping up on him. I tried to show him that he could sit on his knees and that it would not flip up but he was not interested in that. I have to say, I did not mind him sitting in my lap anyway because that does not happen so much anymore! We are anxiously awaiting Monday as Kellee and Justin will be going in for a scheduled induction. Brianne is just too comfortable in there so they are going to have to help motivate her along to come and meet all of us! We are planning to drive over to Raleigh Monday afternoon to be there. We have hit a dead end with the potty training. This is the most frustrating thing we have dealt with so far. For such an independent child, I am surprised that he has not mastered this yet. He was doing great telling us that he needed to go or just going when we would ask. He even prefers standing up because he thinks it is fun. All of the sudden he just lost interest and says "NO" when we ask him if he needs to go. I am making a chart to put in there with stickers to stick on when he goes, flushes, washes hands, etc. and I am really hoping this works. I also think I may just put big boy underwear on and let him go. He is a little OCD about being clean so I hope having wet britches might just be enough to motivate him back to the potty. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Candler had a huge challenge with Sam....I think he was well into 3 before he had any interest. One day she just put on big boy boxers and there was no turning back. Hearn was a different story he went to the potty really fast, I think because he wants to do everything Sam does.
I am so glad that you posted Kelly's blog on your links! Looks like they are going to have a big Monday!
I don't know if you look at my blog page, but I had a HARD time with Charlie. I got advice from everyone, but I will say you are on the right track. Get rid of diapers all together (except night of course.) Other than that, try not to get stressed out about it. He will do it, even though hearing that never makes it easier!! Good luck and I love your page...Dallas is too cute.
Just in case...
Amanda! I forget that my name is not listed.
Post a Comment