Thursday, January 31, 2008
Phoenix, Here I Come!
Dallas left last Friday to go to Phoenix, so my parents and my brother came up to spend the weekend with us. I had planned to go to dinner each night and to The Nature Center on Saturday, but on Friday evening little Dallas informed us that he had a "boo boo ear". I knew he had a cold and was treating it with over-the-counter medication that the pediatrician okayed. He has always been prone to ear infections so I was not really surprised. Mom and I took him to the Dr. on Saturday morning and he did indeed have an ear infection in one ear and redness in the other. Although none of my plans were able to be kept, we had a nice time visiting together. Whit and I were able to make a late movie one night and we all rode in the Seqouia on the Blue Ridge Parkway one afternoon while little Dallas rested comfortably in his carseat watching a movie. On Sunday Bebe and PawPaw came to visit and pick up Angel and they ended up taking little Dallas home! Daddy Dallas called and asked if I would like to join him in Phoenix. I am not very good at being spontaneous, as I am a natural born planner, but I decided to try and live a little so I said okay! I quickly packed a suitcase for little Dallas and we booked my flight leaving the next day. We just returned home this evening and had a wonderful time. We stayed at a beautiful resort called The Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa. It was designed by a Harvard graduate who studied under the famous architect, Frank Lloyd Wright. Irving Berlin wrote many songs there including "White Christmas" and Marilyn Monroe called it her "favorite pool". It was too cold to enjoy the pool and I didn't write any Christmas carols, but we still had a great time. Everyone was buzzing about the Superbowl and CBS was at the resort all week setting up for the festivities. Little Dallas gave us the best smile upon our return home and we cannot thank Bebe and PawPaw enough for taking care of him (especially at the last minute). I do not have one picture to show for anything is this post but I will try and get some this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment