Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

MommYYYY!





Dallas has discovered that he can call out "MommYYYY" and this nice lady comes and does whatever it is that he needs. I still have a monitor in his room and one on my bedside table to hear him throughout the night. I used to hear him talking or whining when he would wake up but now I hear him summoning me to come rescue him out of the crib. "Mommy, Mommy!" If I happen to be brushing my teeth and he has to wait a few seconds we will hear, "Daddy, Daddy!" It is quite adorable! He has also taken to sleeping with 3 items. He has a dog blanket named "Fancy" (some of you may remember that was Daddy Dallas' dog that passed away last year). He also has a Nemo blanket from BeBe and the newest item is a cow from our last trip to the zoo that Poppy bought him. We head straight to the kitchen where he has to be the one to turn on the light while we are juggling all 3 items because he just can't bare to leave them in the crib. I put him in his highchair along with his friends and get breakfast ready. Dallas now prefers pancakes to waffels. I found some in the store that are shaped liked animals out of the jungle so every morning he has one of those and some fruit or yogurt. I get his lunch ready while he eats breakfast and then we are off to get dressed, brush teeth, and brush his hair. I always hang is lunch on the doorknob of the back door so I don't forget it and he loves to get it off as we go out the door. I put our dogs Harley and Dixie in the laundry room when we leave and he helps me call them by saying, "Har-eee", "Dis-eee"! Then he goes and gets a toy and throws it over the gate so they have something to play with. How thoughtful of him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures baby. I will have to try this yelling Mommy thing next time I need something. Seems to me to be a pretty solid plan.

Love you 2!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures as usual! So, Mr. Personality likes to take his 3 friends to breakfast--I love it!!He looks so "official" waving bye-bye as he heads off to school.

Yes, Mommy, we all remember the days of being "summoned." My advice is not to answer too quickly but say something like "I will be there in a minute" (so he won't forget who the boss really is!). Uncle Whit used to say "I hate minutes!" Love, Nana

Unknown said...

The little man sure is growing up! Hope all is well with you and the family. Talk to you soon.