Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 23, 2007











I would venture to guess that no one else had a weekend quite like ours. We attended a bona fide tractor pull Saturday night. We laughed at how we had to leave South Carolina before we ever attended one. I certainly would not have thought we would be doing that in Pennsylvania. We packed up a blanket, chairs, and a cooler and headed over to the fairground parking lot. There were lots of people there and lots of tractors! I was not ready for how loud it was. We had just picked out a spot and were setting up when the next tractor started up and I started gathering everything up to leave. Dallas suggested that we move furter back. That helped some but it was still loud. We had to cover little Dallas' ears every time. Other people were more prepared for the noise with earplugs and headphones. I dressed Dallas in, what else, but his outfit with tractors on it. Daddy put on the crocs with it and I thought he looked so cute. I heard some guy sitting in his chair, that was set up in the back of his pick up truck, say something about that boy being in a dress. I can only assume he was talking about Dallas! I guess jean overalls and a plaid shirt would have been more appropriate! Anyway it was fun and there was lots of good "people watching". On Saturday we went to a parade down Main St. to kick off the 50th annual Shippensburg Fair. It officially starts today. The parade had lots of horses, even more tractors, and even more former Miss Shippensburgs riding in sports cars. Again, it was great people watching and Dallas loved the horses, the tractors, and waving to the cute girls riding by in the cars. Other than that we spent lots of time outside. The high was around 79 all weekend so it has been beautiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the man in the bed of the truck doesn't know a genuine southern smocked short-all when he sees one! You may have had to go North to see your first tractor pull but you have to be from the South to recognize and appreciate quality children's clothing!!! Rock on Southern Child! Love, Reid

Anonymous said...

Great Tractor Pull pictures-cutest little fan in the group even if underappreciated by his "northern" neighbors! Nana and Whit send greeting from L.A.--no tractor pulls out here just palm trees and movie stars! Love, Mom