
Both kids did great visiting Santa at the mall. I thought Sterling might cry but she was just fascinated by his beard. Little Dallas hopped on his knee with his Christmas list and asked him if he was the "real Santa". Santa said indeed he was, and then little Dallas asked me where the reindeer were. I told him on the roof of the mall and that seemed to satisfy him. One of our other reasons for visiting the mall was to buy a Christmas present for a girl in Dallas' class. He told me he wanted to buy her a ring like mine and even asked if he could give her mine. After explaining why that wasn't going to work and how maybe in the future he could give a girl one of my rings, I told him we could find her a bracelet or a necklace. He settled on a cute silver bracelet with the letter "E" in pink for Emma. He told the saleswoman it was for a girl in his class and with a big grin on his face said, "she might give me a hug for this." The woman thought that was the cutest thing and told everyone else working there. He asked her for a box and when we got home he picked a purple bow to go on the box because he said that was Emma's favorite color. I am hoping to get a picture tomorrow when he gives it to her. I asked him if he wanted to wait until closer to Christmas but he said it was close enough. He also played "Family" with Emma and a few other girls at school last week. I asked him who he was and he said, "the daddy." I said what did you do as "the Daddy?" He said, "I helped the Mommy, that's what Daddy's do!" I was so proud of his answer I could have burst! That is what he see's at home and I am lucky to have a participating husband in daily family life and such a good role model for our kids. Thank you Daddy Dallas!


4 comments:
You go Romeo! I cant wait to get home today and see how things went. Thanks baby!
LoveU3
Emma is a mighty lucky little girl!!!
Mommy and Daddy are doing a great job setting good examples!!!
Love,
Bebe
I do believe that IS the real santa!!! He's beautiful!!
BB
Great to see Dallas,Jr. and Sterling so comfortable in Santa's lap. I
am sure as Mommy explained that the reindeer were happily eating hay on the roof of the Mall as
good reindeer always do! Now if Santa
can get through all of that SNOW in Asheville I think he will leave lots of nice toys (maybe even some clothes) for a very good little boy and girl. Love, Noah
Post a Comment