We are in Columbia staying with Noah while big Dallas is in Maui for a conference. I am really bummed about not being there too but Sterling is just too young for me to leave right now. At least I was able to spend 6 weeks there after graduating so that makes it a little better(only a little though). We are really enjoying the weather since we have gotten here. The daily highs in the 60's have been like summer compared to the teens that we left in Asheville. The weatherman described it as an "arctic blast" and we would definitely agree with that! So far we have been to the park, Monkey Joe's in Lexington, and the dinosaur exhibit at the SC State Museum. Little Dallas and I had alot of fun at the museum learning about the dinosaurs and then exploring the rest of the exhibits as well. I have been there many times before but I enjoyed it much more this time. Watching little Dallas' eyes light up at the huge great white shark hanging in the foyer, the life size train he could climb in, and the interactive science exhibit where he learned about gravity, rope and pulley systems, and centrifugal motion was really special. Sterling slept most of the time and when she wasn't she was an angel. She didn't start crying until we were on the way home and she was ready to eat! She is up to 9 pounds 6 ounces as of last week. She has just started smiling when you make faces at her and that is the best feeling. She loves to look at little Dallas and he gets more smiles from her than anyone else so far.
Big Dallas and I are looking forward to next Monday. It is the day of our adoption finalization. It will be nice to have all of the legalities buttoned up and move on from all of the paperwork that comes with adoption. It has all been worth it though. Sterling is such a blessing!


1 comment:
Looks like Great Fun!
Miss you all!
LoveU3
Post a Comment