Saturday, Dallas and I competed in our first duathlon. It was held at Lake Junaluska, about 30 minutes outside of Asheville. We ran 2.2 miles around a lake, biked 18 miles through beautiful scenery, and then ran 2.2 miles around the lake again. At the start of the race the temperature outside was 33 degrees. I was standing there thinking about all the people in Charleston about to run the Cooper River Bridge Run and how we maybe should have been doing that. Aunt Kellee came to visit on Friday and we had fun shopping and then she stayed over and brought little Dallas and Brianne out to see us finish. It was great crossing the finish line and having our biggest fan right there to hug. The first thing he said to me was, "you beat Daddy!" And yes I did!!! It was only by 10 minutes but it still counts! Our next race is in May. We will be running 4 miles in a race here in Fletcher. I think we have both had enough of the bike for awhile! Thanks again Kellee--it was great of you to haul both kids out there and good practice for you:)
Monday, April 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I was sick! Had the Flu! Twisted my ankle! Pulled my hammy! Had a hang nail!
Oh hell, you kicked my butt!
Congrats baby!
That was fun, and now I am retired from endurance training for the second time!
LuvU2
Post a Comment